Monday, March 5, 2007

Meetings with the Mayor and Council Members

I spent last week meeting with Mayor Lewis and all of the Council members. In all, I would have to say that each of my meetings went well. I was happy to have Kim Akers, General Manager of the West Inn & Suites, join me as it always helps to have a tag-team at these kinds of meetings to make sure we don't miss any important points. It was important, in my opinion, to clarify with City Officials that the verbage in the last contract between the City and the Carlsbad CVB showing that the BID would be supplemental was the reason for the request for funding. This didn't change any minds, but at least the communication is starting to improve. So, at least for now, the Carlsbad CVB is entirely reliant on BID funding.

The next step will be to meet with the members of the CTBID board to discuss getting more of the CTBID funds actively working for us.

Hopefully, communication will be the key to getting this CTIBD to do what is was designed to do....MARKET CARLSBAD!! Any input or ideas any of you may have that may help this process along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: